Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Froehliche Weihnachten!

This year we are going to do an Advent Calendar. But, not just any advent calendar - no, no, no! I have created a calendar for us to do something fun each day. I feel like December is getting too stressful and I really wanted to make it a time of year for us to have fun together as a family. I don't want to think back on this time in my life and kick myself for not having more fun with Zaida while she is little. She is growing so fast & learning new things each day. And I really want to enjoy this special time of the year with her. And like I said in my last post, I feel like if I don't make a plan and DO it, then I will always feel like I dropped the ball on making wonderful memories for us. And isn't that what it's all about? Well, not ALL about, of course. But, you know what I mean!
Anyway, back to our advent calendar --- I repainted an apothecary cabinet with the theme for the year (yellow), and I think it looks dang cute!
Today was our German themed day, hence the Froehliche Weihnachten! (Merry Christmas!) This morning I explained the idea behind the advent calendar to Zaida - and then we checked out what was in the drawer for today.



Yum! Chocolate for breakfast!

Okay, she really did eat some cereal for breakfast. But, it wasn't too late in the day before she dug into her chocolate - there's just no hiding chocolate from her!

I was going to make wienerschnitzel & spaetzle for dinner to stay with the german theme of the day, but it seemed like so much work just for me. (Corey's at school tonight & Zaida most likely wouldn't even touch it)

Stay tuned for the rest of our fun-filled December.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

So cute. I love it. Where did you get the cabinet? You did an awesome job.