Monday was our Feliz Natal celebration. Corey went to Brazil on his mission, hence the Portuguese Merry Christmas. In the drawer is some necklaces I bought while down in Brazil. And, some of Corey's favorite peanut caramel snack things. I attempted to make a dinner similar to what we ate at this little cafe near Ipanema. I also went to a nearby grocery store and bought some of Corey's favorite sodas Guarana. After dinner we enjoyed a little ice cream, Dulce de Leche - which is similar to something we had down there also. Except the stuff we had was cashew caramel ice cream (delicious!).
Zaida is somewhat obsessed with doing "cheers". She does it with her juices, her tea cups, and now with ice cream. She loves it and will do it with almost every bite/drink.
Part of the Brazilian tradition is to set up the nativity scene and tell the story. I got out one of Zaida's little nativity books and Corey read it while I put up the set. She was way more interested in the baby & the "aminals", but we got through it without any casualties.
2 comments:
Yay so glad to see you're back. You've been a blogging fool. This must have taken you hours. So nice to see updates and hello Zaida is so big now. I'll definitely be checking in.
Post a Comment