Robson fell asleep really early last night and so he didn't go through his normal nightly routine - Jammie, brush teeth, go to the bathroom. So, we both kind of thought maybe he had an accident. 😁 but, when Corey went to go grab him Robson said "I have bad dream!" 😢
So, when he came into our bed he was cuddled up with Corey, but then he kept reaching out for me to hold his hand.
This makes me wonder about dreams ... What is it about them that makes them seem so real? It seems obvious once you wake up that they are clearly not real. The fact that there is a door on the bottom of a pool. Or that you are easily navigating through "your city", which is completely unfamiliar in real life. I would think that once I wake up I am able to reason - yes, that was a dream and did not happen. So, therefore I shouldn't be scared or unsettled by it. Right? Wrong.
In actuality, I have studied dreams before. It's been very interesting and fun for me. (Side note: funny thing is, since I've studied them I have rarely had dreams.)
So, why do the stick with us and upset is so much? I think the answers are different for kids than for us big kids. But, we have dreams because we are having some sort of internal struggle. Our brains are trying to create a visual code to help us work through our issues. If you can figure out your own code then you should be able to place words/descriptors to your problems. And then be able to work through a solution - hopefully!
So, I think this is why we are so upset by our dreams even long after we wake. We know deep down that there IS something we are struggling with. And that means, we probably have some work to do in order to settle ourselves again.
The other thing that is curious to me is why Robson needed to feel the comforting touch of his parents. I mean, yes, I get it. But, even when I have an unsettling dream I need my husband to cuddle with me or, at the least, just rest his hand on my arm. Maybe we just need to feel that connection to reality?
What does this have to do with my life? I don't know. 😊 Ok, maybe my life is a code right now. I am in conflict, but I don't know how this code. So I'm going to my own personal "code". I've been feeling like I should study my patriarchal blessing. I'm sure there are lots of gems in there that are just waiting to teach me. I won't even pretend that I have my life figured out yet. But, like my sweet little boy ... I'm just going to try my best to keep hold of reality. Stay in contact with those things that I know are positives in my life ... My beautiful children, my supportive husband, my amazing family, my dear friends, my testimony and my faith that the Lord will guide me where I need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment