Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Christmas Carol

Day 10

Busy Day --- Zaida and Dad went outside to put out the outside decorations. Zaida decided that it was the perfect time for a picnic. Cute!



Then Zaida finished her "Happy Home-runner" game. This is a game I made up that helps Zaida move around a game board by doing basic chores and when she makes it around to home plate she gets a treat/toy/do something special. She said she wanted to go swimming. We talked her into trying ice skating.

We love our cute little city. Directly across the little street from our neighborhood is the library and city hall area. They turn the water fountain into a cute little ice skating rink in the winter.


After skating I asked her how she did - she responded begrudgingly, "Not good. But, Daddy did it perfect." She is so competitive - I wonder where she got that from?!

Tonight we went to the Hale Center Theater and saw "The Christmas Carol".

They don't allow kids under the age of 5. So, we left Robson with Maui, Papi & Quinney - and we took Zaida with us. Angela got us some tickets, so we got to sit next to her, Seth & Alex. I was a little nervous that Zaida wouldn't like it. But, she did great! After the play Zaida asked me if we could see it again. I said that maybe we could go again next year. She said she didn't want to go next year, she wanted to see it again now. So, I think she enjoyed it. Or maybe it was all the cookies & candy we ate. The funny part was I asked her what her favorite part was and she told me the song "Link by Link" - which wasn't even in the play, but the TV movie version.

No comments: