Amanda & her sister-in-law do this every month - and I thought it was a good idea. Hope you enjoy it!
This is my round up for July!
Books I am reading:
Emma by Jane Austen
Does SuDoku count?
Movies and TV shows we watched:
Dirty Jobs – love this TV show! It's gross, but educational ... which somehow makes it entertaining, go figure!
Something’s Gotta Give
Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Mans Chest
Not Another Date Movie
School of Life
Kicking & Screaming
Special days we celebrated:
4th of July- party with some friends!
My birthday- Fried chicken, family & fun – can you beat it?!
Girls night - BBQ & fun at Bev's house
Grahams birthday- pizza, tropical drinks and cake, I’m still stuffed!
Fun things we did with our friends and family:
My family & I went up to the Oakley Rodeo, then spent the night in Midway. We always have a good time eating, getting lost & yelling at the cowboys!
Always love spending time with the girls & it was so nice of them to throw me a “surprise” birthday BBQ.
I also was able to go up & spend the day at Girl’s Camp. My Beehives are about the greatest girls. I sure do love them & glad they had fun – even when it was pouring rain!
New foods, restaurants and recipes we tried:
Well, I tried to cook fish with macadamia nuts, but it didn’t turn out as good as expected. It wasn’t horrible, but it will probably be a while before I try that again.
I’ve become addicted to these cooking shows (Take Home Chef & 30 Minute Meals) – so I have plenty that I want to try! Mom & I did make carmelized bananas, which were super easy! And so good over ice cream!
Special or Unusual purchases we made:
My new Ford Escape – love it!
And, just happy to be rid of the Subi.
This months accomplishments:
I am feeling really grown-up over buying the new car. It’s my first new, new car (not to be confused with a new, used car). I’ve been saving up for a big expenditure, and even though I don’t have quite enough to cover my part of the car I still take such pride in knowing that I have made a big contribution to it.
I’m also starting my third month in my new job & have learned 2 new types of deals (which were pretty hard!). Even though I wish I could be done with work sometimes (or all the time), I really feel like I am learning so much & that feels great!I’ve also completed a few more knitting projects! And, unfortunately I have started about 8 more … which I predict will not get completed for a long time!
Anything else noteworthy?
Geesh! Not really. I’ve made contact with some of my old friends from high school. My 10 year reunion is coming up in the next couple of weeks. Our class has a website where we can add our profiles & contact each other. So, it’s been nice to see what happened to everyone. But, nothing super excited. Wow, I’m boring! :)
2 comments:
I am so happy to see a round up on your blog! It is a great way to keep track of what you did...especially if you like to scrapbook like me. It is a great journal, though, and fun to look back on!
Thanks for doing a round-up! It's fun & educational, like Dirty Jobs.
Post a Comment