How can this be? I know where I grew up ... I loved my childhood & wouldn't change a thing given the chance. I've made my current house a HOME, and I love it. I am always comfortable there ... and never think of moving. But, when I think of Brazil, I almost cry. It's almost like I am homesick.
Corey and I got another CD from Brazil (Tribalistas) & it brings up such fond memories of our trip. I laugh & feel all warm inside remembering the smells, sounds, people, etc. But, then thinking about me not being able to return makes me cry. And then I wonder if I were to go back if it just wouldn't live up to my expectations. It's so strange!
Maybe it's just cause I was not looking forward to the trip & then to be so pleasantly surprised at, well, everything. Everything there just had such a profound effect on me - and I just feel like such a different person now. Nothing really changed for me. I didn't learn a language. I didn't drink a magic potion. I didn't gain or lose a family member there. But, for me, it was a life-changing experience.
2 comments:
I'm thinking of a lady in a wheelchair---how about you?
I know what you mean that is why I ran off to Mexico! It was in my blood!
Post a Comment