This Friday is my 10 year reunion from high school. To be honest, it has been a difficult decision for me to make as to whether I will attend or not. I have been in contact recently with some of my long lost buddies & have had funny flashbacks of memories ... even found my letterman's jacket! I don't think Corey was so excited to have me wear it home from my parents house last night. :)
What are some of your favorite high school memories?
Here are a couple of mine:
1) I was a cheerleader & we did an American Gladiator pep-rally. Basically an athlete would competing against 2 of the cheerleaders. Well, Heather Beasley (who is now a boxer) was up against cute little Courtney LaRue. Court was all pumped, jumping around & saying "I can take her, I can take her ..." And when that whistle blew all I remember was LaRue's long black hair flying across her face & a little squeek that escaped her mouth as she was thrown to the ground.
2) Getting caught egging. Who could forget that?! The worst part was getting rear-ended by a crazy one-armed man, who had multiple outstanding warrants for assault and battery on various women. Best parts: Nat yelling that we should all pray & Heidi yelling "You could have killed us!" out the window.
3) Well, seems like all my high school memories have to do with cheerleading somehow. Like my advisor, Diana, getting caught in our dorm room (hiding in a closet) at cheer camp after hours. Playing quarters (with Snapple), trying to memorize a Snoop song all the way through, Bree getting hit on by an 80 year old in a speedo at Raging Waters (yuck!), re-enacting someone peeing in a sink, Heidi wanting a pet pterodactyl ... and the list could go on & on.
1 comment:
Being in the Marching Band! I loved playing the drums. It was hard but I was proud of what I could do by the time I was a senior. I was able to go & do a lot of things because of my connection with the band.
Post a Comment