Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Next Stage

Well, since I brought it up in my last post ... I thought I would fill you in on my work situation. Even though I was hoping to not have to work, things have worked out alright on that front anyway. In order for me to continue working, my conditions were that I would only work part-time (the minimum amount to keep my benefits & insurance coverage) and I needed to be able to work from home. To my surprise, my previous manager contacted me & offered to create this new position for me. Besides being very flattered, it just made sense for our current situation. It was a tough decision --- and one that Corey and I struggled with for months! But, ultimately having the ability to stay home with my baby & still be able to make a little bit of income - well, we'll see how it works out.
So, I have now worked for the bank for almost 7 years - crazy how time flies! Here is the boring part ... feel free to skip this if you don't care about business jargon. :) Since moving back from Minnesota, I have worked in the Corporate Trust department. I worked for three and a half years in the leverage lease group. Then I moved on to the Risk Management department about a year and a half ago. So, now my current position is being the liaison between these 2 groups. It's a pretty comfortable transition for me. Which, to be honest, was a big selling point for this new position too. I'm pretty hopeful that this will work for our family. But, of course, Zaida's always my top priority!
It's so strange to me because I really was determined that I was not going to work when we had kids ... I have read the book "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson probably 4 times now. (It's an AWESOME book about the importance of motherhood - I would totally recommend it! I honestly have never felt so empowered or so proud of being a woman.) I thought that if she could give up her lucrative career then I could give up my little measly one ... but Corey and I prayed about it & I got an answer I wasn't really expecting. I just hope that I have enough courage & faith to follow the path the Lord has prepared for me.

No comments: