Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day all you mothers!
I hope you had a wonderful day. I, my husband, informs me that I am not yet a mother ... so, he is kind of in the doghouse with me right now! Hello, expectant MOTHER!
So, as some of you may know ... I have read the most inspirational book as of late. It is called "I am a Mother" and it is fantastic. I have read it twice now & I think this will be a constant read for me. In this new phase of my life I find such comfort & direction in the pages of this book. It's amazing how such a small & simple book has changed my outlook on women & motherhood. I always thought mothers were amazing women ... don't get me wrong! But, seeing things through someone else's eyes has helped me to see where I need to change my perspective a little. It's amazing how pregnancy just changes EVERYTHING! :)
So, my parents gave me some mother's day gifts ... the cutest, tiniest little socks, a flippy denim skirt & little pink ostrich skin cowboy boots. My daughter is going to be the most stylish little girl!

1 comment:

Amanda Herring said...

Well, maybe the third most stylish girl. Just kidding. They could have a tie for first. Corey...you dog...how could you not think she is a mother! Make him pay, Shay!