However, today I did slide down the mountain on my skis. It's been about 13 or 14 years since I skied last. 😁
I, of course, had that apprehension about going, but we had a great time! Today was Robson's first day of skiing!!! What a champ. He did so well for his first day. His teacher said he had a "great attitude!" And told me he had "confidence". What a compliment!
I think that was the best part of my day. Everything was great (minus that dumb fall), but that one word "confidence" made my day! I instantly hoped that I had played a part in building up his confidence. And I am so proud that he tried something new and did it with confidence!
It's funny, because I think we all hope and pray that our children will grow up to be better than us. But, then when they actually do? ... my heart is just so full! And Zaida is in her second season of skiing and she is amazing! My legs were sore after a half day of skiing, but Zaida was so energized and excited to go out skiing with the big kids (aka Dad, cousin Chandler, Uncle John and Aunt Shay). She just hopped on the ski lift with no reservations. Ready to go!!
I learn so much from these kids. I wish I could walk into a new experience with that kind of confidence & no reservations - just anxious to get going! Excited and sliding through life, not worrying about the potential falls.
Next run, let's all confidently, excitedly hop on that lift & enjoy the ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment