Even a brick wants to be something.
I am a brick! Of course, I am something. But, I want to be something more.
This year is a building year for me.
New Years resolutions have always been a little funny to me. I've never really set goals for myself. Of course, I rededicate myself to those things I'd like to work on at each new year. But, I've never set official goals (with deadlines) for myself. This year I am not only a brick. I am also going to be a bricklayer. 😊
My stake has set a yearly goal, with a number of sub-goals that help achieve the main goal. So, my sweet little family and I talked about the stake challenge and went through each of the bullet points. We discussed what we can do as a family and we came up with two goals, deadlines & rewards attached. I'm surprised at how happy and excited the kids are about these goals. We printed out charts to track our progress. And they are excited to color them in with each step of our progress.
Not only do we have family goals this year, but I made individual goals for myself this year too. What?!? I know, right?
I am breaking out of my pattern & creating new ones. Funny thing is, I have created a "daily schedule" that I'd like to be able to stick with. It won't always happen, of course. But, it's a guideline for me.
But, what I am most excited about is I am going to try new things this year. I plan on doing something new once a month for the year. Some might be new hobbies, but it might just be something simple that I've never had the nerve to do before. Whichever it is, I am excited to grow and hopefully surprise myself just a little. Next year, I'm hoping this brick will be a little more accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment