This past week I have been in Minneapolis, MN for a business certification class. I can't even tell you how many mixed emotions I had! At first I was really, really nervous to go. But, once I was in the plane getting ready to land I remembered how beautiful it was there. I think I blocked that out - along with lots of other stuff!
I had a hard time sleeping while out there ... my hotel room faced my old office. And I was constantly nervous I would run into people that I didn't want to see. I took the bull by the horns though & went into my old office to get it over with! Over the next couple of days I was able to meet up with some of my old co-workers ... and things went relatively well. In general, things turned out much better than expected.
I got home last night & got the BEST night's sleep! First one in a week.
Funny things that happened this week:
- my boss' boss' boss' boss flipped someone off right in front of me
- my boss (4 up from me) said I was fired
- I was the only young girl in crocs & jeans in the Executive Loung eating a buttload of chocolate chip cookies in my very expensive hotel
- it snowed
What I learned this week:
- Securities Exchange Act of 1933 & 1934
- Investment Act of 1940
- Regulation 15c2-12 governing Secondary Market Disclosure
:)
- I shouldn't go back to MN alone.
- I love my life
... All in all, I am so happy to be home. I missed Corey, Pax, my daily family emails, my friends & my home. I realize how blessed I am to be where I am & to be surrounded by all of you.
2 comments:
um Shay....when did you go to MN? I thought we were kind of close and you get on a plane across the country and don't even tell me? How on Earth don't I know this! Is it b/c I'm a blabbermouth?
Sounds like a whirlwind week in the City!!
Crocs & denim ...AWESOME!
Why doesn't Corey ever pen anything?
Glad you're back safe!
Post a Comment