Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hidden Beaches

Today we arranged to rent the Pousada's boat for an all day trip to a few different hidden beaches & a good snorkelling spot. I was hoping we would make it to something like this ... but, the weather didn't exactly cooperate. Regardless of the weather, this was a great little trip. There was only 5 people on the boat (us, another couple & the captain). Along the coast, there is like a billion different islands, so on our way out and back you pass tons of little landmasses. But, the farther out we got the more ominous it got also. At one point the captain told Corey that we were going to stop at another location, because if we went further we might not be able to anchor without getting tipped over. Turns out this other location was a beautiful little stretch of beach. It couldn't have been more than 200 yards long & was only about 25 feet wide I would guess.
The captain rowed me & the German couple to the beach, while Corey was a little braver & swam in. We found a nice little spot to hang out and get some rays ... but not long after I settled in I had some visitors. These crazy crabs weren't scared of me at all - and one brave soul walked up within probably 8 feet of me. I must say that it's a little unnerving to have a bunch of wee beady eyes staring at you as you sunbathe. But, the view from where we sat was incredible - like something out of a movie!
After hanging out for a bit the captain thought we would have to head back to the Pousada. It's a good thing we left when we did, cause it got pretty rough out. When we got back it rained the rest of the afternoon. But, to tell you the truth, it almost added to the charm of Picinguaba. Everything is more beautiful there, I think.

2 comments:

Amanda Herring said...

Tell Corey that he should not be looking at you with his wee beady eyes! I mean really! Just kidding! Great pictures and happy to see your post!

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Did you keep a crab for a pet? I would've. Something to keep Pax in line! ha!