I know, I know ... I am seriously terrible at this. I need to figure out a time each day/week to just get it done! So, here are some of the things that have happened since I blogged last --- nothing. Well, okay, so a couple of things have happened.
I have a daughter who is now climbing & is commonly on top of the dining table when I turn around. She is also into everything! She can reach into every single one of our kitchen/bathroom drawers.
I also am the newest board member of the homeowners association for my neighborhood. I know it doesn't seem so exciting, but I'm excited about it. I am the new secretary - and am happy to be able to do something to hopefully make my neighborhood safe & happy. I know it sounds cheesy, but - well, I'm excited about it.
Thanksgiving came and went. And I don't think that I can easily put into words how grateful I am for my life. But I am going to try ...
Zaida - She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She makes me wish I was a better person. She makes me wish I knew more - so I could teach her everything. She is so smart & witty. I can't believe a 17 month old girl could make me laugh as easily as she does. She is so beautiful. She is so expressive & DEFINITELY has her own opinions. I truly can't imagine life without her. Some words that describe her: dainty, feisty, funny, smart, curious, adventurous, sweet, motherly
Corey - Corey and I have been through so much together. He never complains about how tough things are for him right now (school, work, church assignments, demanding wife, etc.). He is always willing to help wherever he is needed. He truly cares for and loves his "guys". He is level-headed & keeps me grounded, but still encourages me to dream. Some words that describe him: stable, funny, unconditional, devoted, loving, conservative, athletic
Family - my family is the best! I am so lucky to have such amazing people as not only my family, but as my best friends. We have such amazing friendships with each other & it's hard to describe. We just get each other. As I get older I realize how much I resemble my parents. And, how much I have tried to become like my brother. They have so many wonderful qualities that I wasn't fortunate to get, but we all complement each other so well!
Dad is the rock of the family. Logical, but loving & tender. But, surprisingly funny - has such a quick wit. Mom is emotional & loves fiercely. Not afraid to speak her mind. Sacrifices much for the ones she loves, although she never acts like it is a sacrifice at all. Quinn is artistic & sees life in fresh and interesting ways. He is a leader & has a gift for making friends everywhere he goes (he relates to everyone). He is so funny & has a quirky sense of humor.
I also have amazing grandparents ... But, this could go on forever.
Everything else - I have been reading the Work & the Glory series and I am just so grateful for the day & age that I have been raised in. The life that the early members lived seems like such tumultuous & scary times. Amazing, but scary. Reading these books have caused me to reflect on the vast differences between my life & those of the early members of the church. And I just am so thankful. Thankful for those people I have listed above, as well as my loving friends, the great (and free) country we live in, the jobs that we have/had, my education, my membership in the church and my amazing ward family, my beautiful home, functional cars, and thanks to Corey - the existence of a savings account! :) I just have such an amazing life & am so grateful for all of you & how you have contributed to it. Thank you!
2 comments:
I understand about the climbing and getting into everything. We have everything from our bathroom drawers sitting on top of the counter - or else you know who comes out chewing on our toothbrushes and getting into small jewelry that can be swallowed. They are little busy bodies right now! I love it!
Sweet.
Post a Comment